Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Calling!!

So when I went into the bishops office in December for tithing settlement. He asked me how I liked my calling. I told him I loved it and to leave me right where I am. Then he said, "Well I have been thinking alot about you lately." So I said, "Don't do that." I was on the activities commitee and loved it, I have been in there for almost three years. So this last sunday I recieved a new calling in our ward. When the bishop asked me to come in to see him I had all these thoughts going through my head and one of them was my calling that I got. He asked me to be the 2nd councelor in the Young Womens. I am over the beehives and I am really scared! The only thing the bishop was worried about when he called me to this position is that Merrial is also in the young mens and we have really young kids. So he had a really hard time giving me this calling. But he told me that my name just keeps coming up to be in the young womens at this time. So not only am I getting a calling, but Merrials mom is getting a babysitting calling also every Tuesday night. So not that I wasn't all ready busy before I am really busy now! But I am excited about being in there and hope that I can do a good job with these girls and that they will like me as much as their last leader. Right now I feel like the girls don't really want the new presidancy in there, which I don't blame them. I remember when I would get a new young womens presidancy, I didn't want the old ones to leave. You get pretty attached to them. But I will hopefully win them over some day.

7 comments:

It all started with a Kiss... said...

I would be terrified too if it were me. I do much better in the primiary!!!
But don't worry. You're going to do GREAT!!!
You have such a awesome personality, and you're SO fun to be around that you'll have those girls eating out of the palm of your hand in not time!!!
Good Luck!!!

Christy said...

Hi Shannon, I saw you have a blog when I was on Melissa's blog. It's cute!

You'll do great in YW. I really enjoyed it and the girls. Don't worry, they'll warm up to having new leaders and soon enough, they'll forget all about us! Funny, when I got a calling in YW I had young kids (4 1/2 and 10 months, and was very pregnant) and Bruce has a busy calling, and the bishop didn't seem at ALL concerned about putting me in a busy calling with small kids! What the heck?! ;)

RETTJ16 said...

Wow, what a cool calling! Congrads!!
I remember those days sitting next to you in church and not wanting the 'new' lady to come in and change things! Butttt...you are an amazing person and people love you...they will wonder how they ever got along without you!! And one day when you move on...it will be you that they cry over and they will beg you not to leave!! :)

Stacy said...

Shan-
New callings can be scary, but you will do awesome with the YW and they will love you. There are so many talents that you have and that you can share with these gals. It will be fun to hear about your experiences.

Lindsey said...

Hey Shan...I say don't sweat it! You will be GREAT! You are to much fun and will enjoy being with older kids for a bit...I think it will give you a break from little one's all the time! I love you and hope we can get together soon!

Unknown said...

You will be amazing and the girls will love you! I am happy they are in your hands. You have much to teach them and they will teach you too. I learned so much from them. We will have to get together! I miss hanging out with you guys!

Stacy said...

Just wanted to wish you and Merrial and Happy Anniversary! See ya on Saturday.