Saturday, February 21, 2009

Smooth move Merrial!!

So Merrial goes and plays basketball every Tuesday and Thursday night. But this last Thursday night he came home at 11pm like he always does and woke me up and couldn't walk. He had come down on someone's foot and twisted his ankle and he was in a lot of pain. So we iced it all night and elevated it but in the morning it looked like this. So I made him go to the doctor just to make sure it wasn't broken. It was just sprained really bad, so they gave him a brace and told him to stay off of it. Yea right, so what did he do? He went out and tried to do chores, I will tell you that didn't last very long. So now I have an extra child at home to take care of, which is so much fun. I hope it gets better soon.



7 comments:

It all started with a Kiss... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
It all started with a Kiss... said...

Got to love those BIG KIDS!!!
I can't even tell you how many times Cameron has done the same thing!!!
About 4 years ago he did it this bad though and it took about a month to get it back to normal!!!
The doctor told him to take 800 mg ibuprofen for that next month to get the swelling out. It sure helped A LOT!!! Maybe try that.
Good Luck!!!

Stacy said...

That looks horrible, I hope that all heals well and fast. I also hope that you are okay with all those people in your house to take care of.

Lindsey said...

Good grief!!! You have had your hands full lately! Hope you are okay! Love you!

Nava_jo said...

Merril is such a Johansen. Hurt leg and still out trying to do chores :) I've had that same injury and it takes a while to get back on your feet. GOOD LUCK!

John and Ashley said...

If I didn't know any better I'd have thought that was Johnny's. He has done that so many times. Looks like V-day was fun for you guys. I loved having it on a Saturday this year. It was so relaxing and fun.

RETTJ16 said...

Ohh that doesn't look good! Hope he is feeling better soon!!