Thursday, March 17, 2011

St.. Patty's Day!

The day before St. Patty's day, I mixed up some homemade pancake mix and put it in the fridge for the next day. When the kids came home from school I made the point to show them the pancake mix so they knew it was white. Then the next day I got up before them and put a couple of drops of green food coloring in the pancake mix but I didn't stir it, I just put it back in the fridge. Then I got some clear cups out of the cupboard and put a drop of food coloring in each one and put them back in the cupboard. I went and go the kids up and while they sat down I got the pancake mix out and started to stir it in front of them and they were like "It is turning green!" I was like oh my gosh the leprechauns must have gotten to it. So I put those on the griddle and got out their cups, I started pouring milk into them and they turned green right away. They were in awe because the gallon of milk was still white but when I poured it in the glasses they turned green. They totally couldn't figure out how the leprechauns did it. So they ate their green breakfast and wore all their cute clothes. I also made mint chocolate chip cookies that day and they also turned green.

Yummy green pancakes and milk.

Mint Chocolate Chip cookies.

Brenden and Brooklyn ready for school in their St. Patrick's Day clothes. You can see how excited Brenden was about it. I told him he didn't have to wear it but he said he wanted to.

I didn't get a picture of them all together because Addison and Ashlyn didn't wake up until after they other 2 went to school, so here are Addison and Ashlyn in their cute clothes.

When they got home from school I had hidden some gold chocolate coins around the house and then I wrote a note and put it on the front porch. When I was feeding the baby, the other 3 were playing outside. I called them in and said that the doorbell just rang and they went running. They grabbed the note and read it and started hunting for the treasure. They found them and were so excited that the leprechauns had brought them treasure.

Ashlyn rolling all over the place. She has been rolling since she was 4 months but I thought I would put that on here also since it has been a while.

So this day has always been special to me. One it is my anniversary and we have been married for 11 years. Merrial gets me flowers every year and we went out to lunch because this day was really crazy. We had pack meeting, where Brenden got his wolf, 1 gold arrow point and 2 silver arrow points. Plus it was the space derby that was a joke, they totally didn't work very well. Merrial had a meeting at 7 and wasn't home until 10pm. So we will have to celebrate another day.

I just wanted to post a picture of my grandpa, he died on this day last year and he was all Irish! It was very fitting. I have been a little emotional today, I didn't think that I would be. But I miss him. Just wanted to say I love you grandpa and hope you are doing really well.

3 comments:

mykidsaremyworld82 said...

They look so cute in all their St. Patrick's Day apparel, especially Addison! The red hair is so fitting for that day :)

You are such a GREAT mom! I love that you take the time to do all these special things with your kids. They are lucky to have you!

Sorry we missed your anniversary in all the craziness. But better late than never I say.. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Give the kids a hug and lots of kisses from US!

Love:
Chad, Kira, McKenzie, Olivia and Ayden

Life with the Leonards said...

You are such a GREAT mom! I wish my kids had such a fun mom that did cute things for them :)

Stacy said...

What a fun idea to have the food coloring added so the kids don't see it. I might have to borrow your idea for next year.