Thursday, December 3, 2009

Polar Express

This year we did Thanksgiving a little different. Usually we are home and we spend it with Merrial's family. But my Aunt Erin called me and said that they were coming up to Park City to go skiing and spend Thanksgiving with us at the condo. So we headed up to Park City on Tuesday. Wednesday just Erin and I went and saw New Moon which I had been waiting for since it opened. Erin and I actually had tickets to the midnight showing in California but I didn't go, so she decided not to go either and we went together up here. Let me tell you how hard it was not to go with my friends. But I am glad that I waited, it was really fun going with just Erin.

Then Wednesday night we headed to Heber City to ride the Polar Express. It was a little pricey but I think it was good to experience it at least once. It is definitely better for the kids, than the adults.

Posing on the train.

Addison wouldn't get off the train after we took their pictures, she was having a fit.

Brooklyn and Kendra waiting to leave the train station.

Connor and Brenden also waiting for a fun excursion through the snow to the North Pole.

Nana and Addison waiting for the train to leave. Addie was really restless and wanted to run around. But we were told not to do that, so she had a rough time.

Erin and Tom getting cozy on the train ride to the North Pole.

Our elf named Gingerbread, walking up and down the aisle while they read the story.

Kendra and Brooklyn getting their tickets punched by the conductor.

Connor and Brenden also getting their tickets punched. Just like in the story.

Mrs. Clause came and saw us before the big guy himself did. She brought us a copy of the cookie recipe, and talked to the kids for a few minutes.

Addison was getting really tired by the middle of the train ride, this is her almost a sleep.

Just a few minutes later she looked like this, very tired baby. Nothing woke this child up, not even santa.

Cute picture with Santa. Too bad Addie wasn't in it. But she was a sleep. Santa gave each child a bell, just like in the story. We had a good time just enjoying each other. We sang Christmas carols, they gave us warm hot chocolate, and 1 chocolate chip cookies. But we were sitting right next to the cookies and Erin kept stealing them and giving them to everyone. It was pretty funny!
The next day was Thanksgiving and everyone came up to the condo for dinner. Erin, my mom and I did all the cooking. We had my brother and his wife, my mom and Jeff, us, Erin and her family and that was it. It was really nice, we watched football for Merrial and played games. Then at 4am Erin and I hit Walmart. I have never done shopping on black Friday before, it was crazy but a lot of fun being able to spend time with just Erin. We got alot done and there was some really good deals. Then after we got done shopping we had to check out of the condo and we headed down to my house.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Sounds like a fun time.

Mel Bernard said...

That looks like so much fun! I did not know about it.. I will have to take my boys... they would LOVE it.
NIce picture of Jacob!!

Unknown said...

it looks like your kids had a lot of fun! they're so adorable. :D haha. by the way, i LOVE the picture of jacob. he's... well, amazing! lol :]