Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Disaster!!

I guess that I will catch all of you up from Christmas till now. I have been such a slacker lately, but I have been spending a lot of time with my kids that was so needed.
So our Christmas started out awesome! My dad and my sister Katie were here and spent Christmas Eve with us where we had a big dinner and program at Merrial's parents house. Brenden was the first one up the next morning at 7 which is so unlike him, he's usually my one that sleeps in, he must have been excited. This year our tree was a charlie brown Christmas tree, it wasn't one of my favorites.


My kids know that they can not go out and see what Santa has gotten them until everyone is awake and they come and get us. So here is the kids standing in the hall waiting for me to finish taking pictures. It was actually really funny trying to keep Addison in the hall, if you can tell by her face.


Here are Brenden and Brooklyn's piles, their big presents were in little boxes. They both got Nintendo DS from Santa.

This is what Santa got Addie, she was so excited when she saw it. But it didn't take long for her to see all the wrapped presents and she came running.


She was kind of still half asleep, because Brenden woke her up.
Then she really got into it and loved her play house.

Brenden getting started on his presents. He was very specific this year with what he wanted, I think that Santa did very well. He asked for acouple of Transformers, Bumblebee, Mega Tron, Sideswipe, and Optimus Prime. He got a blue Nintendo Ds with 4 DS games, both Transformer movies, Wii NBA2K10, an awesome two hoop arcade basketball game that takes up a lot of our basement. There was a lot more, but I can't remember it at this time.
Brooklyn also got a pink Nintendo DS with 4 DS games, a couple of littlest pet shop toys, a baby alive doctor doll, some cds and movies. Hannah Montana barbie and board game, some webkins that she loves playing with. She got a Liv barbie doll, coloring stuff, clothes, books and a whole bunch more that I am drawing a blank.

Addison was really fun this year, she just went from one present to the next until they were all ripped open. She was like the Tasmanian Devil, it was really cute! Addison got the little cottage like you saw above, she got a couple of baby dolls, food for her kitchen and pots and pans. She got some clothes, stuffed horse and some books.
The day before Christmas, I had been bragging that my tree was so healthy. It was still drinking like a pitcher of water a day and at the beginning when we put up the tree it was drinking 2 pitchers a day. So as I got under my tree to get the last of the presents out, it was all wet. The presents were wet, the tree skirt and the plastic underneath the tree. So we ripped out the tree, the carpet, the pad and the wood underneath was all wet and moldy. So we got some fans and started drying the wood and carpet. It smelled so bad, I was going crazy! I was so mad at myself for not noticing that it was wet. Then after all this carpet mess, Merrial put a hole in our wall going down our stairs and then my car wouldn't start, I had to take it to the shop and they had it for 2 weeks trying to figure out why it wouldn't start. I will tell you it was a wonderful Christmas up until this point. I lived with my carpet and living room torn up like this for almost a week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What is great Santa you guys were! Looks like an awesome Christmas! I am sorry about your carpet. That totally stinks. Is it all back to normal now? Hope so.
Thanks for chatting with me the other night. I miss seeing you guys. We need to get together.

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh Shan! I had no idea!!! That is so sad. Hopefully everything calms down soon! Love you!

Unknown said...

geez, santa was awesome! i bet your kids loved their presents. i tell you this all the time, but you have thee cutest kids ever! :) haha. looks like you had an awesome christmas, except for the floor part.

Stacy said...

I am glad that your Christmas was so good. But, I am sorry that you had one disaster after another, that is not so fun.

RETTJ16 said...

I am glad you had a good xmas--up until the water damage! We had the same thing (well sort of) happen to us a couple of years ago! Had to replace all our hardwood floors! And it happened on Xmas too! Ekkk
You have a beautiful family!!