Sunday, February 28, 2010

NEWS!!!!

So this little person has its little hand up by its nose, and its legs are up in the air which you can barely see in this picture. It was moving all over the place, it was fun to see.
So I wanted to post this before I forgot what my little man had said. For those of you who don't know yet, we are expecting our 4th child at the beginning of September. We decided to tell the kids Thursday, February 4th because I have been deathly ill. Most days I can't even get off the couch, I feel like a terrible mother right now, but my kids have been very good to put up with me. Until a couple of days ago when Brenden came to me and told me that he didn't have any socks. For those of you who know me, I try to do laundry every day so we never have piles. So for my son to say that to me, it has been pretty bad. We have kept this pregnancy a secret for a while and then Merrial came home Thursday and said that people at his work were starting to find out, so we better tell our families. So I sat the kids down and asked them if they knew why mommy was so sick. Brooklyn said she didn't know and Brenden said it was because I have drank to much soda. I laughed to hard, because I actually haven't drank any soda. So I said to them, the reason mommy has been so sick is because she has a baby in her tummy. Brenden comes right out and says, "OH CRAP, ARE YOU FOR REALS? IN YOUR TUMMY RIGHT NOW?" I was like yes, right now. Then he says, "HEAVENLY FATHER, PLEASE LET THIS BE THE LAST ONE!" "IF IT IS A GIRL, CHANGE IT TO A BOY RIGHT NOW!" I was trying so hard not to laugh because he was so serious. I wish that I would have had the video camera out, it was definitely priceless.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

We are so excited for you! Congrats! I think what Brenden said was so funny, leave it to the kids to come up with those things.

Lindsey said...

Congratulations again Shan! We love you and you have a pretty great due date, if I do say so myself!

Life with the Leonards said...

I am SO excited for you and will never forget Brenden's response! I love it way too much - and if you are that sick where have I been? What a terrible friend I am!

Unknown said...

Brenden is too funny! It is so exciting for you guys! I hope you are feeling better now a days.

RETTJ16 said...

Congrads!! You are going to be done before i even get started!! :)
Hope you start feeling better soon!!